How to Play
- Click here to throw the dice
- The colour/candy you land on dictates your book category and gives you a choice of 3 tasks (listed below).
- Continue until you reach King Kandy’s Castle and win the game!
- Play at your own pace. Roll the dice and read a book every 3 days/week/fortnight/month, whatever suits you! The point of the game is to have fun and help you get through your to-read pile.
- Can play be played alone or with up to 4 players.
Categories & Tasks
Choose one from list.
- Red – read a paranormal/urban fantasy book, a book where someone gets murdered or has a red cover.
- Purple – read a book with a character in a position of power (king, queen, lord, CEO, president, etc.),where the author uses a pseudonym or has a purple cover.
- Yellow – read a book that makes you laugh, that’s first in a series or has a yellow cover.
- Blue – read a book where a character is involved with the police, has a battle/war in it or has a blue cover.
- Orange – read a book with a romance, where one of the characters is an artist or has an orange cover.
- Green – read a book with a very wealthy character, set in a school or has a green cover.
- Pink – read a book with a female protagonist, that’s a guilty pleasure or has a pink cover.
- Rainbow Square (#132) – read anything you want!
Peppermint Forest – read a book set in a forest, with shapeshifters (werewolves, werelions, etc.) or from the horror/thriller genre.
Nana’s Nutt House – read a book with a character suffering from a mental illness or a nut allergy, has a competition in it or has been made into a movie.
Licorice Lagoon purple – read a book set in a hot country, has demons in it or from the historical genre.
Lollipop Palace – Read a book where someone has a tattoo, has children in it or written in first person POV.
Licorice Lagoon red – read a book with cowboys, that’s 5th in a series or from the non-fiction genre.
Frosted Palace – read a book set in a cold country, has a castle on the cover or from the steampunk genre
Starting from the beginning, I roll a 7 with the dice putting me on square #7 which is red, so I read either a paranormal/urban fantasy book, a book where someone gets murdered or has a red cover.
Place#: 7 red
Task: Has a red cover
Book: No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole
I’m playing weekly, rolling every Saturday. The following Saturday I roll 8…
Place#: 15 yellow
Task: First in a series
Book: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
This is the first challenge/game I’ve made! Any suggestions are welcome.